Study done in Vancouver area. 90% of us already have cross immunity!?!
JCI Insight – A majority of uninfected adults show preexisting antibody reactivity against SARS-CoV-2
“Using a highly sensitive multiplex assay and positive/negative thresholds established in infants in whom maternal antibodies have waned, we determined that more than 90% of uninfected adults showed antibody reactivity against the spike protein, receptor-binding domain (RBD), N-terminal domain (NTD), or the nucleocapsid (N) protein from SARS-CoV-2.”
- Study completed in Vancouver summer 2020.
- Looking at healthy adults with no previous known exposure to covid
- Blood serum taken and analyzed
- 90% had EXISTING antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, receptor binding protein, the n-terms al domain or the nucleocapsid proteins on the virus.
- This means that other preexisting coronaviruses provide some level of immunity against SARS-CoV-2.
- What the impact is on recovery rates and long term covid mortality rates is yet to be determined but appears to offer protection on par with current covid vaccines.